Sunday, July 3, 2011

Never Again Will I Wash The Dogs At Home - K9000, Please Help Me!

Ok, so it's been about 6 years since I last washed my dogs at home. Today, my wife and I woke up and found that both of our dogs (90 lbs Black Lab and 25 lbs Beagle) had fleas to go with their skin allergies down here in sunny Florida. So since I had a bottle of Tropiclean Opti-Neem on hand, I decided, heck, I'll do it here at home instead of heading to the local K9000 Coin Op Dog Wash. That was a major mistake and quite comical, if you will - and here is why:

First up, the Beagle:
- had to use our utility sink, small and minimal water so all Adidas wanted to do was get out of there!
- my back started hurting something fierce
- my wife had to help hold him down
- we spilled the shampoo on the floor, caused a mess and is still very slick
- it took forever to get the shampoo rinsed out
- then we had to towel dry him off, our floor was soaked and Adidas is still very wet - as it my carpet and floors. Urgh!
- took about 20 minutes

Ok, that sucked.

Ike's turn:
- we head outside to the driveway
- while unwinding the hose, I literally spray myself in the face... LOL (I'm now very awake)
- holding Ike, I spray him down with water
- next up, the shampoo, after only a minute of scrubbing, I had to go to one knee, man, my back is killing me.
- after finally getting the shampoo rinsed out, he shakes off and I chase him down with the towel
- OUCH! just burned my feet on the pavement (still hurts as I write)
- I towel dry off Ike for about 5 mins, he is still very wet, paws and all
- it's soaked leading up to my door - gotta clean that up
- Ike goes back in to the house, up the stairs and leaves a nice trail of dampness - terrific!
- I'm sweating profusely
- I must change my clothes
- Took about 25 mins

Bottom line, I could have gotten both dogs done in 25 mins if I would have just gone to the K9000. I could have then used conditioner, my back wouldn't be hurting, and the dogs would have been dry.

It makes me realize why I am so dedicated to the K9000 Coin Op Dog Wash. Yep, I learned my lesson AGAIN today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment